Halloween project prank to mischievously grab windows and move them around.
Primarily moves windows around, shakes the screen, sends random keyboard and mouse events.
It was written for a Coding 4 Fun
article, which can be accessed here
32 bit windows (XP, Vista, Win7). (64 bit version may have a bug
- To exit the program, press Ctrl+F2
- The program is sensitive sound (it will shake the screen), otherwise will wait for a minute or two of idle time before going into action.
gremlin [-id NUMBER] [-name STRING] [-aggressive]
A longer example of running the program from the command line is in this tutorial
An example of trying out different command line options in the debugger is in this tutorial
Command Line Arguments
- default is to move around all windows
- -aggressive To reduce the trigger thresholds, and make reactions more frequent and aggressive
- -id Specify the handle of the window or process id of the application to move around
- -name Specify the title of the window or application name to move around. (Note: remove the ".exe" from program names)
- /? To display a summary of the command line options
- -h To display a summary of the command line options
- -help To display a summary of the command line options
- --help To display a summary of the command line options